The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises. The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects internationally on appeals of their sister organisations within the Movement.
GRC is currently seeking a Regional Finance Delegate for East Africa
The Regional Office in Kenya is managed by the Regional Head of Office (HoO), based in Nairobi and supported by a Programme Coordinator in Somaliland, based in Hargeisa, and a Programme Coordinator in Uganda, based in Kampala. In addition, there are delegates for the various projects in the two countries. The Finance and Administration Delegate will also be based in Kampala, Uganda, and we will be responsible for the financial management of Kenya, Somalia and Uganda and provide technical support to the Sudan delegation.
Duration: starting June 1st 2017 for 24 months
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- General financial management and reporting (according to HQ and donor standards)
- Further development and adaptation of financial systems for the GRC delegations in line with GRC requirements
- Financial supervision (reporting/accounting/bookkeeping etc.) of GRC delegates, national finance and administration officers
- Managing and training of delegation staff, local counterparts, and if applicable other delegates and volunteers in donor regulations and financial software administration
- Apply risk management in financial matters, implement anti-fraud and anti-corruption procedures in close cooperation with the Regional HoO and the Head of International Financial and Administration Department
- Represent GRC and liaise with partners, including donors on financial matters
- Network with IFRC, ICRC and PNSs on financial matters whenever required and appropriate
- Academic training in economics and financial management
- Proven experiences in bookkeeping and accounting of international humanitarian / development organizations (minimum of 3 years work experience)
- Proven experience in financial reporting and administrative issues (minimum of 5 years work experience)
- Working knowledge of donor requirements is an asset (AA, BMZ, ECHO)
- Profound knowledge of the region and the humanitarian sector
- Several years of work experience within the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement is a strong asset
- Readiness to work in remote areas and frequent travels
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability and agreement to adhere to the Red Cross Red Crescent Fundamental Principles
- Oral and written fluency in English
- Ability to work effectively in multi-cultural environments
- Ability to complete a thorough medical screening process 'working abroad under specific climate and health conditions'
GRC offers you a compensation package according to the collective employment agreement of the GRC as well as an expatriation allowance during your mission. In Uganda we provide a personal allowance to cover your accommodation. In addition to a full insurance package (health insurance for residence abroad, private accident insurance, private liability insurance, luggage insurance) GRC is as well covering a home flight withing a 12-month period of assignment and medical check-ups before and after your mission. Before your assignment you will benefit from a comprehensive training package and receive briefings prior as well as during and after your mission.
Kindly apply by submitting your application by using the GRC online application system DRK HRnet until 26.03.2017.
Please indicate Ref. No. 2017- 041 with your application.
Further information on our recruiting procedure can be found on our homepage.