Graphic Design Volunteer
Considering a career as a graphic designer in international development NGO? Want to gain skills useful for a career in the third sector? Tzedek is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic graphic designer intern to support our education and fundraising departments.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to become fully involved with every aspect of Tzedek’s marketing work, spending 1 or 2 days per week (in the office or remotely) gaining valuable skills and experiences within a busy and growing charity. We are looking for someone to start ASAP.
Tzedek is the UK Jewish community’s response to extreme poverty. We work with some of the poorest communities in Sub-Saharan Africa and India, providing direct support to help local people so they can help themselves, regardless of their race or religion. Tzedek also educates all sectors of the Jewish community on issues of global poverty and helps to raise awareness of issues with the developing world.
Graphic Design volunteer – Role Description
Key Objectives of volunteering role
· To create visually appealing graphics with InDesign and Photoshop for use online, in print and advertising to strengthen Tzedek’s brand and promote its events .
· Review and develop static graphic design changes for the website www.tzedek.org.uk creating e-banners with your own design ideas to ensure our website looks and feels vibrant and engaging.
· Create the visual layout and design for the promotion of Tzedek’s events
· Working with a wide range of media, including photography and videos
· Working as part of a team with printers, marketing manager
· To develop design concepts of new projects including campaigns
· To carry out photo library searches as required and ensuring the correct use of images and fonts with regards to copyright
· To ensure efficient organisation and scheduling of workloads to meet tight editorial,
· Design graphic material for promotional campaign within deadlines